Re: The Zakrello Mk-II Retcontest!

Mark Nguyen (mnguyen@hotmail.com)
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 14:04:46 PST

> Count Me in too. I could use the practice. Though we need some
>rules and
>
>guidlines before we start. And how we gonna judge/determine the winner?

I'd think whoever is giving out any prizes would be a judge, as well as
one or more non-contestants who are recognized as experts in the field
of Gundam aesthetics (the latter could basically include anyone who
agrees that the Zakrello is an awful-looking machine). I think that a
panel of two or three judges would be most fair (without extending the
judging thing too far).

I also think that such a thing should be made open to the public, i.e.
to people not on this ML. How would we go about organizing such a thing?
We’re not a real “club” per se...

As for specific rules, I think the original notion of a retcon within
the UC context is the goal. If you want, we can use my “Delaz’s Big
Mistake” fanfic as a setting for such a retcon opportunity, as we see
what the sobered scientist dreams up. Of course, everyone could just
dream up their own situation as they desire. I’m using the Delaz thing,
though. :)

Any other thoughts?

Mark-II