[OT] Mac Hack (Was: GUNDAM: How does an MS pilot control the MS's hands?)

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:00:33 -0800

At 18:54 1/18/99 -0800, you wrote:

>>It's probably one of the first hacks a field operator makes, like the one
>>that replaced the Macintosh "wristwatch" wait icon with an infinity sign....
>
>Ooh, way to tick off Mac users! ;) Look out though, I think Mark's one
>of the die-hardest of 'em all.

This hack was for the original 128K Macintosh, circa 1984, which was
painfully slow. I think it was still popular with the 512K "Fat Mac" as
well, though.

On the other hand, I've seen some Windows 3.1 vintage wallpaper that makes
the screen look like a color Macintosh. And there's a "makeover" program
that puts in Windows 95/98/NT registry settings that make Windows look and
behave like X Window, Motif, Amiga Workbench, OS/2 Warp or Macintosh....

>BTW, I've noticed you've changed your username to -Z- as well. Now it'll
>be even harder to spell your real name! :)

But it also makes spelling my name totally unnecessary, which was the whole
point of using "Z" in the first place. I was tired of all the misspelling
and decided to give everyone something easier to spell.

Of course, bad typists may still end up calling me -A-, -S-, or -X-....

-Z-