Re: Smart Gundam? [Re: Monster of the Week? [Re: Zion Marine MS of 0079]]

Tue, 19 Jan 1999 21:13:15 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 BlazeEagle@aol.com wrote:
> That threoy sounds like Evangelion. Remember when In one of the first
> episodes, EVA-01 went berserk without Shinji controlling it, and all the EVA's
> systesm were shut down.

[sorry going waaay off topic]

But at least Evangelion hinted that EVA was (secretly) designed to work
like that (Shinji's father the designer was the only one who was not
surprised by the berserk mode). But in 0079, except for that little
scene, there was not a single hint anywhere that computers were capable of
decision-making, let alone being "conscious".

[How that can co-exist with "learning" computers, I don't know. But I am
just towing the party line here.]

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble