Re: Smart Gundam? [Re: Monster of the Week? [Re: Zion Marine MS of 0079]]

BlazeEagle@aol.com
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:40:54 EST

In a message dated 1/19/1999 8:06:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chinc@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca writes:

> I admit, the above (esp. point 7) is very unsatisfying to me, but I have
> to take that over the alternative, which is a "conscious" Gundam
> sacrificing its "life" to kill Jiong. Because to me, the final episode is
> about the mythic conflict between two Newtypes, rather than about yet
> another MS fight.

That threoy sounds like Evangelion. Remember when In one of the first
episodes, EVA-01 went berserk without Shinji controlling it, and all the EVA's
systesm were shut down.