Re: Axis Fleet Strength

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:13:31 -0800

Roderick Su writes,

>I noticed in your website that there appeared to have been a Side name
>re-alignment after 0083, where the totally destroyed Side 5 is renamed
>Side 4. Side 2 which suffered lots of gas attack is re-named into
>Side 5, and the old Side 4 is renamed into Side 2. Was ther a reason
>for this re-alignment?

  Sides 1 and 2 never actually move; rather, it's their Lagrange point
neighbors that rearrange. In short, Sides 1 through 3 are fixed, while
Sides 4 through 6 undergo an inexplicable rearrangement sometime between
the One Year War and the Z Gundam era.

  While Sides 4 and 5 seem to have been wiped out during the war, Side 6
was untouched, so if you're suspecting a correlation between devastation
and relocation then this would kinda break the pattern. As for the reason
for the reshuffling, it beats the heck out of me.

  The identification of the Side in front of the moon - which is the site
of the Texas Colony, the Shoal Zone where Delaz's base is located, and the
future home of the Frontier Side - is kind of important from a Gundam
history perspective, but it's flatly identified as Side 5 in the original
series and Side 4 in every subsequent one. Shrug.

-- Mark
Mark Simmons <mailto:scorpio@best.com>

Collecting is for butterflies and stamps.
And at least butterfly collectors take 'em out of the jar.