Re: HCM #25

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 20:14:23 -0700 (MST)

> with the acquisition of HCM #25: RX-93 Nu-Gundam.
> Probe has panned this critter on a number of occasions. His critique has
> most often centered around the fact that the Fin Funnel is a single piece
> molded in the open position in plain white (rubbery) plastic. This doesn't

   I think you're confusing me with Eddie or someone else Dyar! I don't
have the Nu-Gundam HCM myself, I've only heard (from several people) that
it's by far the worst toy in the series. (Though I've heard bad stuff
about the Zeta as well.)

> bother me, as I would go nuts trying to deal with all the fiddly bits
> involved in six fully functional Funnels, to say nothing of their

  That's certainly true...

> unbalancedf weight. If I have any complaint myself with the HCM line, it's
> that they can sometimes be hard to pose. A faithful recreation of the Fin
> Funnel would make it virtually impossible to stand the bugger up without props.

  The model apparently can do it, though the 1/100 comes with weighted
feet probably because of this.

> the back, with yellow frames for the centerpieces. The beam rifle and
> bazooka are also monotone gray-white, not two-toned white and blue-black as

  That's too bad!

> in the anime. This oversight is made even more problematic by the fact
> that the *rockets* in the bazooka are nicely distiguished in red! The

   Hmm... Just like the Model kit it sounds.

> hey! It's a decade old! A little loosening here and tightening there and
> it's one of the most posable Gundam models or toys I've ever seen! My

  Really? More so than any of your 0080 kits? Interesting!

> Me, I just plain love it. It's now my second-favorite HCM. My all-time
> fave is still HCM #15: RX-178 Gundam Mk.II, but then the Mk.II is still my
> all-time fave Gundam, period. Maybe it's because it was the first Gundam I

  It's my favorite too, but doesn't the Mk.II HCM also suffer from the
"Gorrila Gundam Syndrome"?

                                                        -Probe