Re: The Logic of Warships in Gundam

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 16:40:54 -0800

Probe writes,

> So the main problem that the Zions had in the 1YW was that they didn't
>have the ECAP, eh? Did the Gelgoog have ECAP then for its rifle? (I guess
>it would have had to).

  Exactly right. The Zeons began development of the E-cap when the Gundam
appeared, and didn't complete it until the last few weeks of the war -
too late to change the course of the war.

> Wow! Those ships sure were flexible eh? That isn't the ship that Captain
>Shiro is riding on in the beginning of 8MST is it?

  Nah, that's a new type of small transport not previously seen in Gundam.

> Just like the way Japan ended up strapping flight decks to all sorts of
>cruisers and battleships. At least with MS you could land them back on the
>ship! I guess they said to the GM pilots: "Make sure you capture A Bau Aku
>before you run out of fuel, because there's no way you're going to refuel
>on my Columbus Transport!"

  Exactly right. If the attacks on Solomon or A Bao A Qu had failed, all
those GMs would have been stranded without repair or resupply facilities.
The best they could have done was to cram 'em back into surviving
transport ships and ferry them back to Luna Two!

-- Mark