Re: Gundam, Best Kits

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 20:44:25 -0700 (MST)

> 08th MS Team is a nice set of kits, despite the rather dissapointing start.
> Gouf Custom and the Flying Type looks pretty damn good if I do say so
> myself.

  Yeah, apart from the Dismal Zak and Gundam 2-pack (first time in
Gundam! I suspect this was done because they didn't plan to make ANY more
kits in the series) the line has improved steadily! The GM is fun and
weapons-loaded, the Zaku is a nice scaled down MG Zaku, the Goufs are
SUPERB, and the Ez8 is a good model (if you like the Ez8 design itself,
which is kinda goofy).

> 1/144 Endlwss Waltz Kits are damn good as well, with or without the gimmicky
> Fighting Action poses, and the new tree of the poly cap Joints are a treat
> in themselves, as they increase the posability of them kits...

  They're very nice, and very well detailed. Though the plastic hands
pre-molded into weapons that some of them have don't give you much leeway
in posing the hands. Also, almost none of them can pose with their weapons
without serious drooping problems.

> While 0080 and other kits mentioned deserve praise, I still have a soft spot
> for 1/144 HG Gundam Mk. II. Still a damn good kit, despite its Master Grade
> Counterpart--and more detailed to boot!

  The HG Mk.II was definately the high point of the HG model line, a fine
unique design. A pity in a way.
                                                                -Probe