The Remains Of The Day (Was: Gundam Fleet Composition Examples)

dyar@halcyon.com
Fri, 08 Jan 1999 19:40:59 -0800

At 09:29 1/8/99 -0700, you wrote:
> What I want to know is how come there are large intact pieces of colony
>remaining in Australia, I would have expected the entire thing to have
>been vaporized or pulverized... unless we're looking at big chunks of
>material that were blasted off the rear of the colony by the internal
>shock front....

Artistic license. Anime artists love this image of a spaceship stuck into
the ground like the Leaning Tower of Pisa -- you see it everywhere, not
just Gundam. But you'll see the back end of a colony sticking out of the
middle of a crater in Gundam 0080, Z Gundam (on the Moon, which makes
slightly more sense) and, most egregiously, Gundam ZZ....

-Z-