Re: Future excuse

Mark Kuettner (mkuett@hotmail.com)
Fri, 08 Jan 1999 18:21:13 PST

>> standard in MS that digitally maintains the frame of the Mecha...it
>> does as much auto-maintenance as possible short of physical
refurbish-
>> ing of equipment by maintenance crews. By that UC time, self upkeep
>
> "Digitally Auto-Maintenance"?
> Then how can you explain things like the "Val Walo"? I.e., supposedly
>cutting edge Zion mobile armor technology that seems to be using
circuit
>board and wire parts from today-tech? Clearly they don't have any sort
of
>miracle-repair system inside it or anything 'glittertech' at all!

UUUUhhhmmm...errrr...uh...OK! You know how things are exaggerated in
movies and TV to make a point? Well, there you go...to make the audi-
ence feel like the Val-Walo was really this ancient MA, they exagger-
ated (even though 5 years at best is not exactly "ancient") its
"barely fly-by-wire" look.
As far as a story explanation..hmm...how about its current self repair
and circuitry systems were damaged in 1YW battle, and Kelly's
only access to MA technology to repair it was...a local Radio Shack?

Mark Kai