Re: Gundam Fleet Composition Examples

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:24:15 -0700 (MST)

> >Solomon, how did these MS get about? Piggyback tactics, as used at
> Though it's not clearly shown in the animation, I think the novels may
> have indicated they were ferried about in Columbus-class transport ships.

  I guess they were just crammed in Cargo holds then? Then they really
didn't have any hangars or 'resupply' areas where they could be serviced?
That's like flying F/A-18s off of supertankers! Sure you can do it...
_once_!

> _never_ at full strength anyway. I could see them cramming in the ReGZ
> and its booster someplace funky, then housing it and the Nu Gundam in the

   It's not that big with the boosters and stuff is it? I always figgered
that transformable MS were simply stored in MS mode with 'extra bits'
hanging on gantries or something like that.

> space vacated by lost Jegans...

  Conveeeenient!

> I don't think I've catalogued Char's numbers on the Gundam Project yet.
> The official total is 82 Gira Dogas, one Sazabi, and _two_ Jagd Dogas -

  How many GD-Ss might there have been? It sounds like there were a couple
of squads of GDs with at least 10 or so commanders in charge... right?

> Gyunei's and Quess's. The Alpha Aziel won't fit inside a ship and is
> instead towed to and fro.

  Towed under the ship like the Big-D?
  Is that what its "Hooded" mode is for then?
                                                                -Probe