Re: Gundam Fleet Composition Examples

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 14:25:50 -0800

Probe writes,

> And remember that the power of a pellet is orders of magnitude less than
>that of a massive nuclear bomb (PLUTO project, recently declassified).

  Good point...

> It can _never_ be producing 'just charged particles', what kind of
>nuclear reaction would that be? After all, we're not fusing "Pladough"
>here!

  Helium 3-Deuterium fusion, remember - the same thing that enables mobile
suit reactors to shed about ten feet of concrete shielding. No neutrons, no
gamma radiation.

> And even if you have a magnetic field, you'll have a tremendous amount
>of radiation going up and DOWN the field, i.e., a big thrust 'plume' out
>the rear of your ship, and an equally powerful plume of radiation
>screaming right down the middle of your ship! You better have something
>tougher than a sheet of lead there to block it. (GRIN)

  Um, okay. You're the expert. :-)

-- Mark
Mark Simmons <mailto:scorpio@best.com>

Collecting is for butterflies and stamps.
And at least butterfly collectors take 'em out of the jar.