Re: A call for enlightenment

Justin Palmer (Justin@briareos.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 19:30:27 +0000

In message <199901051713.JAA01356@wbolmail.warnerbros.com>, Rodrick Su
<rsu@tigana.com> writes
>At 09:34 PM 1/4/99 +0000, you wrote:
>>In message <v04011700b2b6ceb11b00@[205.218.128.182]>, Mark Simmons
(snip)
>>>the final Battle of A Bao A Qu that a squadron of Ace Corps pilots
>actually
>>>entered combat. Among the members of this test corps were Johnny
>Ridden,
>>>Thomas Kurtz, and Gerald Sakai.
>>
>> Did Anavel Gato also fly one? In the opening flashback OYW
>scene
>>in Gundam 0083, we see a close up of a Gelgoog. When the scene cuts to
>>the interior of the hangar bay, though, we see Gato about to board what
>>I presume is a Rik-Dom. I always assumed that the shot of the Gelgoog
>>was a shot of Gato in action, with the hangar scene occurring after
>he'd
>>returned to base for whatever reason. I'm not so sure, now...
>>(snip)
>>

>He might have been flying a Gelgoog during the battle, but was too
>damaged
>to continue. Thus, he enters the hanger of Delaz's ship hanger to get
>another MS to go back into combat. Basically at that junction, you grab
>what is available, and they sure are not going to fix his original MS in
>a flash.

        Thats what I thought when I first saw it, but after Mark posted
about the elite Gelgoog pilots, I wasn't so certain that this might have
happened... and it might explain why Gato was so annoyed; taht he never
got to go into combat at Solomon...

I wanna have a pure time; |I wanna have a pure time; |justin@briareos.|
Everyones a noble mind... |demon.co.uk |
Believing in a sign of Zeta, | |
beyond the hard times from now! | |