Re: Gundam Fleet Composition Examples

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 16:53:04 -0700 (MST)

> > railgun theory would also explain why the bazooka has rings around the
> > barrel, for these would be the magnetic coils.
> Is that *their* theory, though, I wonder. No one knows but could those
> rings be used to generate some sort of magnetic or energy bottle to contain
> the blast and, in effect, allow for the nuke blast to be directed out of

  Err... no!
  There's no way you can control a _nuclear_ blast with a simple magnetic
field!
  Besides, if there was, don't you think _warships_ would be using this
method to generate insane amounts of thrust, etc?

> the barrel? It would account for the shield then, wouldn't it? Next

  No, it wouldn't make any sense at all! I mean, why have a shield facing
_forward_ if the actual nuclear blast is exploding next to your _head_?

> panel at the next anime convention someone should ask that question.

  Good idea!
                                                                -Probe