Re: Gundam Fleet Composition Examples

Alfred Urrutia (alfredu@fa.disney.com)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 13:31:28 -0800 (PST)

> Subject: Re: Gundam Fleet Composition Examples
> > This leads to some interesting questions, which we get from the line
> >art and from the MG kit:
> > 1. How can the Nuke be long range when it looks like it hardly has
> > any thrusters on it at all, and no fuel-tank area?
> > 2. Why is the 'zook barrel so long and so 'techy' looking?
> > 3. Why does the 'zook require an aiming reticle?
> > 4. Why not use a 'normal' Fed 360mm 'zook with the nuke?
> > My theory is that the GP-02 Bazooka is actually a giant _rail_gun_
> >(which explains why it looks the way it does, and why the nuke is shaped
> >like that). It requires a massive amount of power and 'kicks' the nuke out
> >of the barrel at high speed, which allows the nuke shell to not have to
> >carry its own rocket motors and fuel (Safety hazard) and makes it hard to
> >intercept or be shot down. This explains a great deal about the way the
> >GP-02 seems to operate with its nuke!
> > -Probe
>
> I subscribe to this theory...the large flash burst from the muzzle could
> also be explained as plasma residue from firing something like that...the
> railgun theory would also explain why the bazooka has rings around the
> barrel, for these would be the magnetic coils.
> interesting, all inall.

Is that *their* theory, though, I wonder. No one knows but could those
rings be used to generate some sort of magnetic or energy bottle to contain
the blast and, in effect, allow for the nuke blast to be directed out of
the barrel? It would account for the shield then, wouldn't it? Next
panel at the next anime convention someone should ask that question.

Alfred.

--
"This isn't Digital Domain."

- understatement of the year