Re: What I've learned from Giren's Greed...

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:32:51 -0800

Eiji writes,

>Playing as Giren? tsk tsk tsk Mark. I figure you of all people would
>have jumped into Revelle's camp first chance you got. Perhaps you're one
>of those Zion spies sent to infiltrate the feddie otaku rank so as to
>destroy them from within. Don't worry Mark, your secret is safe with me
>8)

  No, really! I figured that, playing as Giren, I'd get to see secret
cut-scene footage from the early days of the war - the Earth invasion,
conquest of Odessa and New York, et cetera. And, lo and behold, I have done
just that (turns out the New York footage plays after you capture
Kilimanjaro, and you can have Giren do his eulogy for Garma as a special
operation).

  But now I'm hooked. After I sent Ranba Ral the Doms he asked for, he went
and destroyed White Base(!), giving me a working chance to change the
course of history and yoke all of humanity to the chains of Zeon! Bwa ha ha
ha.

-- Mark
Mark Simmons <mailto:scorpio@best.com>

Collecting is for butterflies and stamps.
And at least butterfly collectors take 'em out of the jar.