Re: [Model] Zaku Eyes

Lersak B. (lersak@ksc11.th.com)
Tue, 05 Jan 1999 00:15:03 +0700

Prabal Nandy questioned:

[H-Eyes]
> Hey, that's not a bad deal (though I still enjoy making my own). I don't
> suppose they give you various colors as well as sizes and stuff, right?

There are 3 colors (separately) Clear, Fluorescent Pink, and Fluorescent
Green

The MonoEye Lens comes in 5 sizes (for H-Eyes#2, no idea for H-Eyes#1)
(Diameter) 4.5mm / 5.5 / 6.5 / 7.0 / 8.0

> Still, I'd be worried about snapping
> the stick while moving the eye later.

You have to decide at the first hand, whether you need (somewhat)
posable display model.... or a Toy! 8)

> My problem with the clear plastic sheets is that they tend to 'white' when you bend them at too tight an angle...

Hair Dryer can help, but
I thought 'Mano' already gave an excellent idea.
... however, if you wanna stick with 'Heat & Smash' way... try TAMIYA
PlaSheet, I have no problem with that; or try this

[Clear Thermaform] Product # 9003
by
Squadron Products
1115 Crowley Drive
Carrollton, Texas 75011-5010

My uncle uses it for Scratch-building his WW2 Airplanes' Canopies.

Don't limit yourself to just only one tool or method, Probe!

Lers.

"The view from your window may look great, but you will got more than
that if you will just walk out of that room!"