Re: What I've learned from Giren's Greed...

Justin Palmer (Justin@briareos.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 18:18:48 +0000

In message <199901021515.IAA22984@aruba.u.arizona.edu>, Prabal Nandy
<nandy@U.Arizona.EDU> writes
>> > Neat touch! We don't even always see this in the anime, but it really
>> >helps to answer the whole "Why do the Feds even BOTHER with cap-ships"
>> Although it still doesn't explain why they're still knocking out
>> ships that can't carry MS... ^_^
(snip)
> Heh heh!
> But one could _equally_ ask why the RL US bothers putting out anything
>but Supercarriers!
> Obviously one must not have a navy of just carriers, even though
>aircraft would certainly play a major role in any major battle. But
>long-term long-range support and patrol and other tasks like that will
>always need Patrol Boats, Destroyers, Cruisers and other ships
(snip)
        D-oh! I should know that! You're right, of course. Time to reset
my brain again... ^_^

I wanna have a pure time; |I wanna have a pure time; |justin@briareos.|
Everyones a noble mind... |demon.co.uk |
Believing in a sign of Zeta, | |
beyond the hard times from now! | |