Re: Zaku Eyes

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 08:58:19 -0700 (MST)

> In November issue of Hobby Japan, the eyes of the Gouf was remodelled. Does
> anyone know what is the item being used for this remodel?
> I noticed in the past, Zaku eyes have been remodelled to make it movable and
> it is always this same item being used. Can someone suggest some hints here.

  Are you talking about remodelling 1/144 kits so they have moveable eyes?
  That is interesting!

> Prabal Nandy, any good suggestions from u?

  Well, I generally _always_ discard the 'sticker eyes' or carved-in
eyespots from Zakus that lack the clear plastic visors and replace them
with some carved flourescent red plastic (Carved into a hemisphere) which
I get from Model Railroad stores. As for making the eye MOVABLE, now
that's interesting. To me, it seems like it really shouldn't be that hard,
a matter of fact, you could almost do it with a film-canister cap or some
other small plastic cap-like object placed in the head in place of th
'eye block' area you sometimes get. A friend of mine has a dremel and I'd
been thinking of borrowing it and experimenting on one of my 8MST Zakus!

                                                                -Probe