Re: Custom Gm types

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 21:39:14 -0700 (MST)

> > sized, with 1/100 scale legs) But it's got far too many superfluous
> > details and very unmilitary stylings and decorations that really kill any
> > seriousness-value the design might have. But basically all the SF-91 kits
> Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't the Hardtgun a Customized heavy
> gun Model for Kevin Forest? (in the Sil-Form story line) same concept as

  No idea...
  If it's a customized HG it's WAY customized. I have both kits and though
they have tons of obvious similarities, I don't think you could get a
Hardy out of a Heavy without basically re-doing every part of the body
(I.e., making a completely new MS). I prefer to think of it as a GM-Cannon
version of the Heavygun.

> the Flame tiger. (re-fitted Berga Giros or Dallas, or Something.)

  Is that the big red naughty looking Vigna Zirah? Is that why it can have
a Gundam-styled head?

> Isn't the GM sniper a Custom? or was there a custom. That one's
> different, right?

  Well, I've heard it called "GM Sniper Custom" which I've taken to mean a
"Customized Sniper Version of the GM" _not_ "A customized Sniping MS for a
particular person." In that sense I think the "Custom" in its appellation
ought to be replaced by "Variant" or "Refit" or even "Upgrade", since
custom generally implies a one-of-a-kind model.
                                                                -Probe