Re: What I've learned from Giren's Greed...

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 12:57:07 -0700 (MST)

> Kajima, hero of the first-person shooter Blue Destiny, offers a voiceless
> "..." as his dying soliloquy).

  Hee hee hee! Excellent!

> can promote him too). This forces the character to spend a few turns out
> of action, i.e. training on the new hardware. Vehicles can also be

  Now that is a really nice touch! No more of these crazy "Newtypes can
pilot anything!" crap!

> There are also strict resource (fuel & ammo) limits on each vessel,
> forcing fighters and mobile suits to return to their carrier ships and
> ships to return to a friendly harbor for resupply. You can even stop in

  Neat touch! We don't even always see this in the anime, but it really
helps to answer the whole "Why do the Feds even BOTHER with cap-ships"
line of questions.

> great running joke in which none of the other Zeon aces recognize Johnny

  That's hilarious!
  The Stealthed Ace of the 1YW returns and nobody else remembers him
either!

> Ridden. Shin Matsunaga thinks he's that other red-painted ace, while Char
> ventures, "Oh, yeah, you're... uh... the Red Nightmare, right?" Evidently
> they have Ridden pegged as the ace with the inferiority complex - his
> trademark line is "Soon you'll all know my name!"

  Oh man, that's too funny! Reminds me of that "Blue Lightning" guy from
"Ranma"!

                                                                -Probe