Re: GUNDAM 0079 Comic by Viz

dyar@halcyon.com
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 19:31:07 -0800

At 10:02 12/28/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I came across an ad for this and was intrigued since the main mecha
>pictured in the ad was the Zeta Gustav!! In 0079???? Huh???? What is
>the deal with this series?? Is it a cel comic like the 0083 Viz series
>or a B-Club side story adaptation or a brand new series?? Thankee...

Gundam 0079 is a manga series drawn by Kazuhisa Kondoh, who also created
the Z Gustav in his Side Story of Z manga. (Or maybe is was another one --
I'm too lazy to dig it out and check) Gundam 0079 currently runs to five
volumes and still doesn't cover the entire Gundam story, so as you can
imagine the level of detail is pretty high. Kondoh's gritty style and
willingness to modify the MS designs to make them more believable result in
a new level of realism, too. You will believe that a G-Armor can fly....

Having not seen the ad in question but knowing as I do that the RX-78-2 in
the Gundam 0079 manga could never be confused with the Z Gustav, I suspect
that the ad's creator took some liberties and lifted the illustration from
another book than the one being described in the ad.

-Z-