Re: OT: D&R/End of EVA

Paul Lampshire (gbc76@dial.pipex.com)
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:13:39 -0000

>There are fansubs availble (check VKLL on the Anipike), or go through
>your local club. Either way will likely be cheaper than whoever's
>bootlegging off of Ebay.

Although the fansub at Otakon was quite seriously cut [At least 1/4 hour of
'weird stuff']

>Mind you, I didn't find the movie anything to write home about.
>Well-animated and extremely philosphical, yes, but unless you're out to
>shoot yourself in the head when it's all over, I wouldn't seriously
>recommend it.

Hmmm. I remember seeing it in a small cinema in Osaka [it was at one of the
stations though don't ask me which one...] and coming out of the film quite
literally stunned. English had become my second language [although since my
first had become 'Unintelligable Bollards' and not Japanese I wasn't any
better off]

How long is the LD version of End of Eva, btw? Does anybody know? It
*should* be two hours...

--
God's in His heaven, all's right with the world.