Re: (Gundam) Mechastorm

Mon, 21 Dec 1998 01:12:31 -0500 (EST)

> dyar@halcyon.com writes:
>
> It'd probably be more accurate to say that Gundam draws on Heinlein than on
> any of Heinlein's specific works. >>

Can you explain:
1. (from someone who has never read Heinlein) Just what elements and
concepts are you talking about? Floating balls that seal up leaks are
pretty trivial.

2. Is there any evidence (from interviews etc) that the original producer
and MS designer ever read Heinlein? I mean it's pretty safe to assume
they did see Star Wars etc before 1979. But most Japanese I know seem to
consider reading English a very difficult task, much less enjoyable. Of
course they could have read the translations.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble