Do you think it's TRU?

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 17:05:25 -0700 (MST)

Article: 9786 of rec.arts.anime.models
From: cperry9286@aol.com (CPerry9286)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.anime.models
Subject: Re: Bad store behavior? was Prabal Nandy for Fine Scale Modeler
Date: 18 Dec 1998 18:58:57 GMT

David Crowed (sorry, I just had to),
>It seems that this summer
>Bandai whispered in a number of wholesaler's ears that they (Bandai) are
>going to start handling the US distribution of their kits by themselves.
>All by themselves.

The rumour I heard from a reputable anime dealer upon noticing a lack of kits
on his historically overcrowded shelves, is s that Bandai is working a deal to
sell their kits exclusivly in a certain monsteriously large national toy
store chain. He stated that the distributors are already cutting the volumn
models to independent vendors to creat stock for Toys-R-Us.