Re: which GM is better? 0080 or 08th MS Team?

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 22:25:40 -0700 (MST)

> One of my all-time favorite 0080 designs, never issued in plastic, was the
> best Guncannon ever: the RX-77D Guncannon Production Type. The retractable

  Yeah, that was a nice one wasn't it? It also had a very Patlabor Python
look to it.

> and collapsible 200mm cannon, stocky "football linebacker" profile (hey,
> it's even got a faceguard on its "helmet") and grillwork detailing did for
> the cartoony-looking original Guncannon what the MSM-03/C Hygog did for the

  It has a sort of fearsome solidity to it, but it did look just a bit too
Patlabor Python/Helldiverish for a Gundam design, at least, that's what it
looks like to me.

> MSM-03 Gog. If they'd made a model of this bad boy, it'd be standing just
> behind the RX-78 NT-1 Gundam Alex and in front of the RGM-79G GM Command

  Hey, I had a GK of this guy not too long ago, sold it to a friend.

> Colony Type now. Heck, it was even more intimidating than the RGM-83 GM
> Cannon II in 0083. (No model of that, either, come to think of it!)

  Well, I had a friend who made one out of a G-Cannon model a GM and some
NT-1 armor. Not bad!

> And I'd rate the RX-77D against anything 08th MS Team has to offer in the
> wasy of "tanky looking" nitty-gritty grunt MS.

  It is better than most of the 8MST designs, true, but it has a bit of a
rounded 'stovepipe' look too it. In camoflauge it could look pretty darn
cool!

> Alas, several 0080 designs never made it to 3D. In addition to the
> lamented Guncannon, there was also the RGM-79SP GM Sniper II, GM-79D GM

  That was hands down the most awesome retoconned 1YW GM ever!

> Cold Climate (sporting the old Gundam-style slotted shield) and the Riah-35

  And the original style GM head!

> Draken-E Side 6 Civil Defense Middle/Petite (they couldn't make up their
> minds) MS....

  Ah, now that was a squat bizzare looking robot! It's only now with
Gasaraki that we're finally seeing designs nearly that odd!

                                                                -Probe