Re: which GM is better? 0080 or 08th MS Team?

dyar@halcyon.com
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 20:16:06 -0800

At 11:16 12/17/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>The other GM lookalike pays homage not only to the good old GM, but also to
>>Guncannon. HardyGun and its F91 counterpart (whatsitsname?) pays their due
>>to GM Cannon, or at least the HardyGun anyways. G-Cannon and Magna G-Cannon
>>pays its homage to GunCannon, and MagnaG has the whole Son of Guncannon
>>going, right down to the color scheme. While HardyGun looks a bit too busy
>>for my own taste, I should say the G-Cannon Boys are big bad asses that does
>>some justice to the original dual cannon toting MS.
>
> The HardyGun was one of the best sellers when Pony was still around.

One of my all-time favorite 0080 designs, never issued in plastic, was the
best Guncannon ever: the RX-77D Guncannon Production Type. The retractable
and collapsible 200mm cannon, stocky "football linebacker" profile (hey,
it's even got a faceguard on its "helmet") and grillwork detailing did for
the cartoony-looking original Guncannon what the MSM-03/C Hygog did for the
MSM-03 Gog. If they'd made a model of this bad boy, it'd be standing just
behind the RX-78 NT-1 Gundam Alex and in front of the RGM-79G GM Command
Colony Type now. Heck, it was even more intimidating than the RGM-83 GM
Cannon II in 0083. (No model of that, either, come to think of it!)

And I'd rate the RX-77D against anything 08th MS Team has to offer in the
wasy of "tanky looking" nitty-gritty grunt MS.

Alas, several 0080 designs never made it to 3D. In addition to the
lamented Guncannon, there was also the RGM-79SP GM Sniper II, GM-79D GM
Cold Climate (sporting the old Gundam-style slotted shield) and the Riah-35
Draken-E Side 6 Civil Defense Middle/Petite (they couldn't make up their
minds) MS....

-Z-