MS design

Thu, 17 Dec 1998 01:47:52 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Sean Maroney wrote:
> (something to the effect of) Zaku's head is German helmet...

Ok this is fun, let's stretch it out more... What's the inspiration for
the various motifs of the MS designs? Let's start with good old Zaku and
Gouf.

The monoeye is probably original, but what about those pipes and Darth
Vader-like mouthpiece? For that matter, the pipes around the waist and
knees are very curious too. I think they make the MS very sinister.

How about the skirts? Could that be derived from Roman phalanx(?) ?

And the grey vest of Dom, I keep having a vague impression that a certain
school of Japanese monks wear those kind of vest. Can Kato explain?

And then our favorite, Gelgoog, it was suggested that it's an African
warrior. Any agreement/disagreement?

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble