Re: 0083 followups

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:19:43 -0700 (MST)

> > > who died while lost in snowstorms...I guess killing of the tough women
> > > might seem logical in a weird sort of way...
> > It still seems extreemely chauvinistic and mysogynistic to me.
> I think it was Sunrise's way to "preserve" their image, as tough women who
> in battle. Had they survived the battle they probably would have grown soft

  That's also a really strange thing to say! I mean, they probably would
have grown about as soft as say, Amuro or Char, eh? It seems like the only
recurring female characters in gundam either become fussy homebodies
(Mirai?) or catatonic (Sayla Mas)... and any female character who dares to
fight the gundam gets unheroine-ically skewered (Cima), vaped (Hamaan),
shot into space (Griffon), blinded and insane (Kaijida), etc, and don't
even get me STARTED on the number of bizzare psychosis that seem to
afflict every ZG heroine! It's wierd! Seems like the only woman who got a
fair shake before getting vaporized was Schneider from CCA!

                                                                -Probe