Re: Re: Strange Names in Japanese Animation

Iliv4anime@aol.com
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:13:51 EST

>That's a good question... I think that Gundam and similar shows definately
had
>a big impact on the generation of the time. While waiting in line at Anime
>Expo 98 I heard someone telling about these female students in Japan, out for
>a field trip. When a guy dressed in a Char Aznable uniform walked by the
>students stood at attention and saluted. I dunno if it's true or not, but it
>woudln't surprise me. Kinda like the parents who teach their kids Klingon.

I have a friend who does a passable imitation of Anavel Gato and wears his
uniform to Expo every year.. 2 Years ago he went down to the dealers room and
a group of japanese school girls dropped into parade formation behind him and
followed him around the room for almost 20 minutes until he turned and gave
the Sieg Jion and then Dismissed them.. It was an absolute blast and I wished
I had a Video Camera at the time..