Re: I must be dense. [Gundam 0083]

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 21:46:40 -0800

Dafydd writes,

>I was under the impression that it had long since been confirmed. I recall
>that the first instance in which I read of it, the source cited voice
>actress Rei Sakuma saying how surprised she was when the Gato/Nina
>connection was revealed in Episode 11. Unfortunately, I can't remember
>*where* I read that.

  The bit about Rei Sakuma being surprised was mentioned in UC Herald 2,
page 143; it seems that she missed the hints in episode 7, too. :-)
Tonghun indicates that the writers were kinda making up the Nina-Gato
thing as they went along, but he never mentioned anything to suggest the
series ran _longer_ than originally planned.

>I *thought* it was in UC Herald -- which I tend to
>give more credence than most other English-language sources -- but I
>couldn't find the reference in either issue. That leaves Mecha*Press,
>Animerica and any number of other sources, none of which rate so highly.

  I don't think it's ever been claimed in Animerica, either. I'd put the
"0083 extension" back in the speculation pile for now...

-- Mark