Re: Strange Names in Japanese Animation

Khyron476@aol.com
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 18:41:47 EST

In a message dated 12/10/98 9:45:52 AM, cipher@wolfenet.com wrote:

<<Having read post after post (and watched show after show), I really have to
wonder... now that an entire generation in Japan has grown up with these
strange names (Bright Noah, Cima Garahau, etc.) are they going to start
naming their kids this way? Have they already?

Just a goofy question.>>

That's a good question... I think that Gundam and similar shows definately had
a big impact on the generation of the time. While waiting in line at Anime
Expo 98 I heard someone telling about these female students in Japan, out for
a field trip. When a guy dressed in a Char Aznable uniform walked by the
students stood at attention and saluted. I dunno if it's true or not, but it
woudln't surprise me. Kinda like the parents who teach their kids Klingon.