Re: OT Macross was (Re: Re: Some questions about Zeta Gundam)

Oliver Barder (O.J.Barder@psy.hull.ac.uk)
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:56:48 +0000

>Ever visited the Macross Compendium?
>http://macross.anime.net/
>I'm shure you can find a detailed history of the protocultures there, from
>the man that won't get sued from the creator.

Eh?!? 0.o

...run that by me again will you...

>Oh shure, the Gundam fan need not worry about love. Hmmmm, oh I forgot about
>all those interesting charachter developments with the bridge crew, and
>Lahla? No Love in Gundam. And good thing I fast forewarded past a few tapes
>of 0080 just to see the mecha, no emotional growth baggage for me.

0.o

The "emotional baggage" is what makes shows like 0080 great! Big giant robots
gets pretty dull after a while if all they do is fight!

...the mecha are only cyphers of their pilots (as stated by sempai Darren
Ashmore)

>Macross has a tiny love story, a mere triangle. Gundam's stories go WAY
>deeper than Macros has even tried. Shinji has nothing on our boy Amuro....

Tiny? There is a pretty obvious (and small) love triangle in the original
Gundam
between Lalah, Char and Amuro!

There is a depth to Macross that perhaps even supersedes Gundam. However a
lot of the Macross storyline has to be inferred whereas most of the Gundam
timeline
has been animated.

I still think that Macross is a far better saga than Gundam, it is far more
subtle...

Mata aouze

Ollie

--
"Only the mediocre are at their best all the time."

5th Triumvirate Productions http://users.pipemedia.net/5thtripro/