Re: [OT] Girly mechas

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 23:07:27 -0700 (MST)

> >So we can have all three categories when we talk about so-called girly
> >mechas, 1) female-shaped giant robots, like Nobell Gundam or Mylene
> >Valkyrie 2) mechanical girls, like Black Magic M-66 or the original Cutey
> >Honey 3) powered suits designed especially for female users, like Hard
> >Suits from BGC. Right?
> So, is that really it? I figger with the right stylings, the Gundams could
> have a feminine touch to its designs, for instance, the Wing Zero Custom.

  I agree.
  I suggest that you consider a 'feminine-styled' design ethic as well.
For example, almost all of the Five-Star-Stories mecha have a feminine
'Erte' look to them, as do many of the WGEW robots, particularly the wing
and the Sandrock.

> >Mylene's Valkyrie was not only colored pink but also had some female-like
> >'cute face' (was that cute?) and curved limb parts. Oh, well. :)

  And breasts... don't forget that!

> Now there is a feminine mecha if there was one to begin with. Now, why not
> have a mech with a long hair that can be used like a weapon ala Gouf's Heat

  Hey, the Nobel Gundam definately had a _large_ armored blonde
'hairpiece' that served just that very function!

                                                                -Probe