Re: Re: Some questions about Zeta Gundam

Mark Kuettner (mkuett@hotmail.com)
Fri, 04 Dec 1998 23:03:41 PST

><<Oh. I was unaware the idea of Protoculture was exclusive to Robotech.
>Oh gersh. Next your going to tell me that Lynn Minmay was actually a
>guy in drag in the Macross version...:( )>>
>
><start Robotech/Macross fan mode>
>Protoculture in Macross is an ancient life form, which was destroyed
during a
>civil war... sorta. In Robotech, Protoculture is a source of energy....
sorta.
>Neither are really that in depth in definition.
>As for Minmay. ugh. Robotech and Macross gets annoying soemtimes, love,
idol
>singers seem to bog it down. One of the reasons I switched over to
Gundam.
>But... Robotech is actually better than Macross IMHO, Macross lost it's
>direction after Flashback 2012, Macross Plus is good but... Doesn't
seem
>Macross enough. Okay, back to Gundam ^_^

Thanx for the Macross info. I can understand how the Minmay idol stuff
bogs down the story, but I think it's one of the things that seperates
it from the pack. I thought the Sharon Apple element in Mac+ was very
interesting, even though the HAL-2001 influence was really evident. I
don't know why, but music is VERY important to me as far as my anime
tastes, and the music for + along with the whole virtual idol idea
really made it dynamic.

Mark Kai