Re: Solomon Question

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 19:13:15 -0700 (MST)

> What happened to Solomon? In 0083 Gato nuke it with a very high yield
> nuke, though it apparently didn't destroy the base within from

  Though I was under impression that it was pretty thrashed after the
solar-system attacks from MSG.

> watching the anime. The nuke Gato launches uses Minovsky fusion, so

  Where did you hear it used 'minofsky fusion'?
  I mean, I guess that could work (whatever it is) though it does make it
kinda sound like it's only as powerful as an exploding M-Engine generator!

> I know that Feds abandand it as their Space Force HQ after 0083
> incident, but it would still be a valueable piece of real estate in

  Well, I think in the 'real' UC continuity it was pretty badly scragged
after the Solar System attack in MSG and nobody probably wanted to deal
with the expense of repairing it.

> nuclear engine to a suitable piece of rock and push it into Earth
> Spere for mining and other purposes. So why aren't there more astroid
> settlements?

  Probably because: "Who wants to live in an ASTEROID when you can live in
a Colony"?
  My impression was that the big 'roid space bases were created out of the
'rubble' left after the 'roids were mined for metals and materials for big
Space colonies. They're left over, so why not use 'em ?

                                                                -Probe