Re: Some questions about Zeta Gundam

Alfred Urrutia (alfredu@fa.disney.com)
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 16:37:14 -0800

On Dec 4, 2:08pm, Mark Kuettner wrote:
> Subject: Re: Some questions about Zeta Gundam
>

> Was not Protoculture the reason Macross vehicles could last so long
> (12 years at constant use, I think?) without resupplying or refueling?
> A clever way to avoid all that real science technical data Gundam has
> to give for it's MS stats.
>
> Mark Kai

"Real" science. Minovsky particles. Uh, yeah. Whatever bits of fancy
the Robotech series employed its level of bullshit science is equal to
Gundam in that regard, only different. Whereas Gundam chose to create
a new particle with secondary good and bad benefits Robotech chose to go
with the previously unknown energy source idea. Which has nothing to do
with Macross, I know.

You want 'bullshit', take a look at the new Popular Science (Dec.) for a
great article on air bubbles in water and resonating sound waves that,
when they implode, produce a blue light and create temperatures hotter
than the sun. And no one knows why this happens. It can be reproduced
easily (enough to make what looks like a constant light source in the
water) but that's about it.

And anyways, the Destroids were a much more realistic attempt at combat
mecha than mobile suits with their elaborate limbs and heads. I only
wish Macross had had more scenes on land with those grunts instead of
always showing us just Valkyries all the time. And, of course, they
could do away with that idol singer crap.

Alfred.

--
"This is recockulous!"

- Aladin "Sarsippius" Sulemanagic