Re: Some questions about Zeta Gundam and Macross

Sean Miller (sbmiller@mindspring.com)
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 00:26:20 -0500

>>In Macross the origin of transforming planes (besides the obvious
>infuences)
>>is to combat the alien enemy in any enviroment right?
>
>Hardly. Historically, Gundam was the first series to use hard scientific
>theory in its background and as part of the story. Macross pioneered the
>use of realistic ("looking", at least) transforming mecha in addition to
>scientific theory.

 Ok I know it's not the first (looking pre production sketches, the Macross
looks like White Base, Hikaru looks like Amuro, yada yada yada). If only
the models were better.......
-Sean