RE: Some questions about Zeta Gundam

Edmund Chiu (edf91@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 00:38:46 -0800

-----Original Message-----
差出人 : Prabal Nandy <nandy@U.Arizona.EDU>
宛先 : gundam@aeug.org <gundam@aeug.org>
日時 : 1998年12月2日 18:52
件名 : Re: Some questions about Zeta Gundam

> Didn't Anaheim make the Mk.II as well? I can't remember... Maybe that
>was a Titan's-only design?

    No, they didn't. If they do, AEUG don't need to capture the Gundam
Mk-IIs to get the movable frame technology...

> But wasn't there a transformable atmospheric-capable MS already, i.e.,
>the Methuss?

    I seriously doubt Methuss can enter the atmosphere without other
equipment. How can it withstand the re-entry? It doesn't have any mechanism
that at least deflect the heat...

> And didn't the G-Defensor give the Mk.II this capability as well?

    Same as Methuss. The Super Gundam (Gundam Mk-II plus G-Defensor) is
supposed to be a quickfix way of giving Gundam Mk-II additional firepower
and additional thrusters so it wouldn't be too "out-performed" by the
various high performance Titans MS...

> The body-transformation is actually fairly simple, the arms are
>basically copied straight off of the Valkyrie, and the legs are only
>slightly more complex (i.e., they have a hip joint that actually makes

    You have to realize that Macross is never that high on realism in the
eyes of the fans. Would you create something like the Valkyrie, where the
transforming sequence is so complex that just one thing going wrong, the
plane would be a sitting duck for those agile heat seeking missiles? Gundam,
mostly, at least try to give the fans some realism... (I still cannot get
over the fact that how can Macross survive without any refuel...)

Edmund Chiu
edf91@worldnet.att.net

My favorite Gundam of all times:
1) Nu Gundam