Re: Some questions about Zeta Gundam

Operator7G - Michael Ip (reika@clear.net.nz)
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 16:58:24 +1300

At 19:42 2.12.98 -0700, Probe asks and answers:
>> Let's see. The movable frame stuff was derived from the captured Mk.II
>> and from Anaheim's own experiments (the Type 100, et al). The providence of
>
> Didn't Anaheim make the Mk.II as well? I can't remember... Maybe that
>was a Titan's-only design?

I don't think so. I'm sure MkII was a Gryps MS. Is anyone certain which
fed MS's were produced by Anaheim during the Gryps Crisis?

>> the re-entry capabilities seems unclear - does Camille seem to know about
>> the Flying Armor already, or is he surprised when it's rolled out in
>
> But wasn't there a transformable atmospheric-capable MS already, i.e.,
>the Methuss?
> And didn't the G-Defensor give the Mk.II this capability as well?

When I first joined the ML, I was kinda surprised that people said, with
references, that Zeta was the 'final' from MS likes the 100Shiki and Rick
Dias. I was under the impression that Camille designed the whole thing
himself. Quite an achievement really (well it's in the 'blood').
        I remember in the early epsiodes of Z, Camillie is working on the
blueprints of an MS, when Astonage walks in, and Camille promptly finishes
his work and prevents Astonange seeing what he was doing.
        As for the transformation, I do not think that ZG was initially intended
for that. If I am correct in thinking that Camille was atleast part of the
design team for ZG, this was a later addition to the MS. I don't think
Camille never saw a transformed MS until his first encounter with Scirocco
in that purple trasforming MS of his (Messala?). If I recall correctly,
Camille's first reaction to the MS was one of surprise.
        As for the Methus, I have no idea how this all fits in. BUT the Methus
eventually evolves in the ReGZ Custom in CCA. If you don't believe me,
have a look at this ReGZ Hobby Link Japan
http://iac.co.jp/~hlj/pages/b-club/bcl1702.html

>> And it's so complex that it's almost impossible to replicate in a toy or
>> model. If they were trying to trump the Valkyrie with an elaborate
>> transformation, I think the designers overreached.

I was about to say that the ZG transformation was complex, but in
hindsight, it's SIMPLE. I have to agree with Probe here.

You and me both @_x on both accounts :)

>And those wing binders are
>connected by a rube-goldberg jointed arm system which is simply to complex
>and too tiny to believe!!

Do you mean those black wing thingys on ZG's back? I always got confused
as to how that actually worked. I only had a ZG HCM which I when I
transformed, I have ot pull bits off, and it was very diffuclt for me to
comprehend HOW the damn thing shifted those wings to the front. Even the
NewType Mechanical Edition 2 did not do a good job of explaining it.

--

Michael Ip http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Gulf/8013