Re: Some questions about Zeta Gundam

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 19:42:23 -0700 (MST)

> Let's see. The movable frame stuff was derived from the captured Mk.II
> and from Anaheim's own experiments (the Type 100, et al). The providence of

  Didn't Anaheim make the Mk.II as well? I can't remember... Maybe that
was a Titan's-only design?

> the re-entry capabilities seems unclear - does Camille seem to know about
> the Flying Armor already, or is he surprised when it's rolled out in

  But wasn't there a transformable atmospheric-capable MS already, i.e.,
the Methuss?
  And didn't the G-Defensor give the Mk.II this capability as well?

> And it's so complex that it's almost impossible to replicate in a toy or
> model. If they were trying to trump the Valkyrie with an elaborate
> transformation, I think the designers overreached.

  I dunno.
  The body-transformation is actually fairly simple, the arms are
basically copied straight off of the Valkyrie, and the legs are only
slightly more complex (i.e., they have a hip joint that actually makes
sense and doesn't require a swap out.) On the other hand, the cockpit
transformation and the head-sliding means the MS torso is effectively
EMPTY, (and I don't see how it can have a linear seat or the wraparound
spherical display). Also, the "Nosecone Shield" is a big cop-out
transformation-wise, you know? On top of everything else, the only part
which really gives the Zeta the "Plane-feel" are the folding wing binder
sections (the tail is just too easy to do). And those wing binders are
connected by a rube-goldberg jointed arm system which is simply to complex
and too tiny to believe!!

                                                        -Probe