Some questions about Zeta Gundam

Edmund Chiu (edf91@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 15:05:13 -0800

The list has been recently been flooded with technical questions about
various mass-production MS, so I cannot resist and have to throw in a couple
of questions about Zeta Gundam:

1) What is Camille's contribution to Zeta Gundam? In the TV series, he is
the one who create the overall design of Zeta Gundam, based on the designs
he has seen on Rick Diaz and Gundam Mk-II (at least that's what I get from
watching it). From the various books I read, it seems that Camille is the
one who come up with the head design (the closing and opening of antenna)
and about the transforming into Waverider so it can go into the atmosphere
without any extra equipment.

2) Why is Zeta Gundam's transforming so complex? The other transforming MS
in Zeta, like Psycho Gundam, Methuss, etc., the tranforming sequence is
relatively easy and plain (just move your arms and legs into place, and
maybe put something over the head) while Zeta's transforming sequence is a
pain in the neck (I have the MG, so I know it is a real pain).

Edmund Chiu
edf91@worldnet.att.net

My favorite Gundam of all times:
1) Nu Gundam