Re: Hizack

Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Wed, 02 Dec 1998 10:48:36 -0800

At 09:11 AM 12/2/98 -0800, Mark Nguyen wrote:

>>>Heres an idea - maybe the Hizack makes use of a lot of readily
>>>available Zaku parts, thus lowering production costs and using up
>>>all those surplus Mono-Eyes that were placed in storage?
>
>>The thing is though, that the HiZak may LOOK alot like a Zaku, but
>all

>the parts are subtly different! The torso, and legs are >completely
>different, and the feet are almost Kampferish actually!
>
>Some time ago we established that unlike the Feds in the 1YW, the Jion
>MS came from many different production companies. This would be a
>logistics nightmare to keep a steady supply of parts! One wonders if
>this applies to the various mass-production MS seen in ZG.

Actually, no. Using many different production companies for parts is
very logical during war time. It basically insures that you don't
leave all of the eggs in one basket. The #2 Nazi fighter-interceptor
in WWII was designed with this in mind. During the Allied carpet
bombing of German industries, the parts for the main fighter was
severely affected, but the parts for the #2 fighter (whose name
escapes me) continued unabated almost until the end of the war. The
parts are manufactured in bicycle shop, furniture shop, etc.

--
[ Rodrick Su       [                                                  ]
[ rsu@tigana.com   [       I might be crazier than you think.         ]